V11 Daytona project

Lucky Phil

15 hours ago, Admin Jaap said:

Couldn't help myself... :-) Here's a quick & dirty photoshop 

quickanddirty.jpg

Damn you've got me interested now, more work. I have the std green guard but it's such a PITA to swap them out and it's also got a minor crack at one mount point. The black guard is a nice carbon one. Maybe green with a clear stripe in the middle to display the carbon, maybe. I doubt I can spray/reproduce the original colour myself though as the process is a bit tricky.

Phil

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Lucky Phil said:

Maybe some red fork gaiters Chuck?

Phil

Only if you add red plug wires the next time they're changed,,

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Lucky Phil said:

Damn you've got me interested now, more work. I have the std green guard but it's such a PITA to swap them out and it's also got a minor crack at one mount point. The black guard is a nice carbon one. Maybe green with a clear stripe in the middle to display the carbon, maybe. I doubt I can spray/reproduce the original colour myself though as the process is a bit tricky.

Phil

I sold my cf fender and replaced it with a painted Aprilia RSV one. Mind you, I don’t think these will fit the Marzocchi fork.

7 minutes ago, Admin Jaap said:

I sold my cf fender and replaced it with a painted Aprilia RSV one. Mind you, I don’t think these will fit the Marzocchi fork.

Yes I think you're right.

Phil

12 hours ago, Lucky Phil said:

Maybe some red fork gaiters Chuck?

Feel free to do that if you want. You're the one that will be seen riding it... :grin:

Seriously, though, what about red bar end weights.

I'm repeating myself there. Someone here was looking for suggestions for a bit more red on the front, and that occurred to me. I think it would work on yours too, Phil.

And yes, the mudgaurd is much better in green.

55 minutes ago, audiomick said:

Feel free to do that if you want. You're the one that will be seen riding it... :grin:

Seriously, though, what about red bar end weights.

I'm repeating myself there. Someone here was looking for suggestions for a bit more red on the front, and that occurred to me. I think it would work on yours too, Phil.

And yes, the mudgaurd is much better in green.

No to the red bar ends but yes to the green front guard.

Phil 

I rather like the black CF mud guard Phil. This bike pictured with blacked side body panels and muffler hangers has a good look, and could maybe provide some 'black' balance.

Whatever you do your bike will be like a woman who could wear anything and always be beautiful.

guzziApril2018.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, audiomick said:

I think the green probably is better.

Your idea for the carbon guard with a clear strip in the middle might be a good one, if you can get it painted the right colour.

Thats not really a problem.

Phil

• Like 1