Pete Roper V11 slosh trays now available!

Pressureangle

Maybe an alternative,

Edit: no, it is not. The HMB plate is not suitable for the V11 or V10 motors. That they were initially listed as compatible was an error, which has now been corrected.

I'll leave the link in, in case someone is looking for a plate for one of the listed models.

https://hmb-moto.de/Oil-sump-baffle-plate

Mike posted about that in the German forum today (26th Apr., 2023), so I guess he has just added it to his program. :)

• Thanks 1

Reportedly, the V11 Sport/LeMans are especially prone to this phenomenon because of the gearing coupled to the first gear ratio of our 6speeder combined with the more aggressive frame geometry (relative to a Tonti-based "EV").

Perhaps even a little to do with the way we might "launch" relative to a typical EV rider? :ph34r:

[edit: I find my post, above, rather "embellished."  :blush: ]

> Here is a post by @pete roper, His-Own-Self , on the matter relating to the 5speed gearboxes preceding the V11 Sport/LeMans 6speeder:

• Like 1

On 4/26/2023 at 10:34 PM, audiomick said:

Maybe an alternative,

Edit: no, it is not. The HMB plate is not suitable for the V11 or V10 motors. That they were initially listed as compatible was an error, which has now been corrected.

I'll leave the link in, in case someone is looking for a plate for one of the listed models.

https://hmb-moto.de/Oil-sump-baffle-plate

Mike posted about that in the German forum today (26th Apr., 2023), so I guess he has just added it to his program. :)

I've repeated this post to make sure no-one misses the edit. Turns out that the HMB baffle plate is not compatible with our motors after all. The inital listing including the V11 was an error on Mike's part.

• Thanks 1

On 4/26/2023 at 5:59 PM, al_roethlisberger said:

I wonder if there would be any advantage to putting the plate on an EV?

I mean I won't be doing any wheelies, but I can see people climbing steep mountain roads under acceleration, sooo :huh2:

I asked Pete Roper about plates for the old square sumps, he said it's of no value except perhaps in the most extreme racing scenarios.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Sorry to report that my last plate has been sold. I had 50 plates made, and it took 4 years to use them all; I can have them made at any time, but every plate sold is one less needed and these bikes are getting older and fewer every day so I have to consider how many to have made again. Certainly the price of manufacture and material will have gone up, and there is a minimum quantity for economy which I also have to discover. 
So at this point I will ask that anyone interested PM me and leave a reply here to start a list so I have some idea how to move forward with the next batch.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Well, I have one already installed on my ‘04 V11 CS, it came to me that way. I don’t know if it’s an original Moto Moda or one of the Rusty Star Picket Project one but I will put my name down for one if only to get the next batch underway and just for the sake of availability. Besides, you never know when a another V11 might follow you home...

Thanks Eric!

• Like 2

G'day mate

It's about time I got one of these too!

I'll take one.

Cheers Guzzler

Ps when ready how do I pay for it now that Paypal is no go?

Could I just email my credit card details to you?

25 minutes ago, guzzler said:

G'day mate

It's about time I got one of these too!

I'll take one.

Cheers Guzzler

Ps when ready how do I pay for it now that Paypal is no go?

Could I just email my credit card details to you?

You're a day late; I'm out. I'll have more made as soon as I figure out the costs and quantities. 

1 hour ago, Pressureangle said:

You're a day late; I'm out. I'll have more made as soon as I figure out the costs and quantities. 

With this latest offer to produce a batch, @Pressureangle, do you want a post here to edit/update the sign-up list like was done for the Latest Last Batch of Chuck-made Shift Extenders?

I see three in the last 4 hours . .

33 minutes ago, Pressureangle said:

G'day

I saw that mate.

Just wanted to put my name on one when/if you do another batch.

Cheers 

• Like 1