Pete Roper V11 slosh trays now available!

Pressureangle

On 5/19/2023 at 9:39 AM, Pressureangle said:

There was never a question about when, only about how many. It'll take a minute to run through the quoting process, as materials, supply chain, and labor rates have all increased substantially since the first batch. I'm already on it.

Any updates?

• Like 1

Just as an update, we're evaluating the costs of restocking these plates; We had them cut at a local laser shop last time, which requires a minimum order (if the material comes in 4x8 sheets like many, that's ~36 pieces) vs. buying cut squares and machining them on our own equipment (much less up-front costs) as we can set up and run one or a hundred as required with only the raw material as overhead. It took 3 years to find homes for 50 pieces, I don't expect demand to increase so unless cost or quantity discount go down, we'll probably take route 2. That comes with a different set of problems, primarily edge finish as Stainless doesn't cut as cleanly as normal steel. Truly, sharp edges don't much matter once installed, but there can be no burrs or bits to interfere with sealing or become loose debris. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

On 7/19/2023 at 8:21 AM, Pressureangle said:

Just as an update, we're evaluating the costs of restocking these plates; We had them cut at a local laser shop last time, which requires a minimum order (if the material comes in 4x8 sheets like many, that's ~36 pieces) vs. buying cut squares and machining them on our own equipment (much less up-front costs) as we can set up and run one or a hundred as required with only the raw material as overhead. It took 3 years to find homes for 50 pieces, I don't expect demand to increase so unless cost or quantity discount go down, we'll probably take route 2. That comes with a different set of problems, primarily edge finish as Stainless doesn't cut as cleanly as normal steel. Truly, sharp edges don't much matter once installed, but there can be no burrs or bits to interfere with sealing or become loose debris. 

So added costs to finish the edges? 

Doing the finish myself woud be more than OK.

Cheers Tom.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, swooshdave said:

So added costs to finish the edges? 

That's going to depend on the entire process. Given that we'll run these on idle machinery, the internal cost is pretty cheap. Can't give any numbers until the first piece comes off the mill. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/21/2023 at 5:09 PM, Dragonknee said:

My question is "what years would need this plate, or do all of the V11's need one?" and is there more about. Thanks

The consensus, I think, is that all 6 speeds need it. Nevertheless I put one in my 1100 Sport 5 speed, just because all the cool kids do it. 

No meaningful updates on production, except that it's still happening. 

• Thanks 3

I know I am new here and I do not want to hijack this thread but...

I have my own construction related business in Seattle, Washington.

I am in the process of having some aluminum water jet cut at a local shop for a project we are doing.

I would be happy to cut some of these if people wanted them. I need one for myself.

If someone were to provide me with following I could get it done in the next few weeks or so:

A dxf file of the part.

Material required

Any royalties that need to be paid to Mr. Roper if any

A quantity for those who need them.

Just offering to help out..... that is all.

Regarding any concern about burrs, I would be happy to run over them with a file and sand edges.

(I am a mechanical engineer with machine shop experience so not an amateur when it comes to this)

Let me know if I can help.

• Like 4

Just bumping this....

Can anyone throw some light on this? I am not sure if Mr. Roper is around or if anyone has the file for the pattern. If not then I am obviously not able to help.

Just curious thats all. I will be running parts in a few weeks from now... some time mid to late November.

Thanks in advance to anyone that answers.

• Like 1