1 hour ago, LaGrasta said:

should we start a new MotoGP thread, without #93 as the headline?

Doesn't matter to me. I can figure it out.

Brad Binder was a bit of a wrecking ball this past weekend. But he did pretty well despite the two long lap penalties. His hit on Oliveira didn't seem as bad to me as his hit on Marini. I respect that he apologized to Marini. His run in with Oliveira seemed more of a racing incident to me.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, LaGrasta said:

Please do..I think just "Moto GP" would be fine..I never intended this to be a thread about him..He is my least favorite rider ...My first post was just supposed to be a funny picture and out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, LaGrasta said:

We were told by the site's administrator there is more latitude for deviations under this rubric "banter and what not".

So Marquez is just as good as anything else to discuss MotoGP and your cookie recipe that you have been hiding from us for a long time...

• Haha 2
  • docc changed the title to MotoGP
7 hours ago, LaGrasta said:

my reasoning is purely selfish, I'm an mm93 hater. :rolleyes: sorry, I'll behave better.

Prepare yourself to be annoyed next year....

Jorge Lorenzo said that MM93 will most likely be a tittle contender in 2024. Marc Marquez needs another title badly since his best enemy has one more than he does. The initial plan was to at least do one better than VR46, and this is probably the reason why he did not want Valentino to get another, prompting that saga.

But I think that Marc has matured and understood that he messed up. Some say he was punished for what he did.

In any case, 2024 will be interesting if only for that.

• Like 1
15 hours ago, p6x said:

Prepare yourself to be annoyed next year....

Jorge Lorenzo said that MM93 will most likely be a tittle contender in 2024. Marc Marquez needs another title badly since his best enemy has one more than he does. The initial plan was to at least do one better than VR46, and this is probably the reason why he did not want Valentino to get another, prompting that saga.

But I think that Marc has matured and understood that he messed up. Some say he was punished for what he did.

In any case, 2024 will be interesting if only for that.

Karma is a bitch....

53 minutes ago, GuzziMoto said:

Karma is a bitch....

I wouldn't bet money on him winning another,some of these young 22-year old guys can have horrendous crashes and still run all the way back to the pit's jump on the other bike and ride like nothing happened..and they are fearless because they havnt had any major injuries yet  ..It gets alot harder when you are past 30 yrs old like he will be , especially when you have had your humerus  cut out and flipped around upside down and bone grafted back in and had a half dozen concussions to the point they tell you you may go blind if you have another big one...Not to mention 2-3 major shoulder surgeries, all  since he was last champion. The bikes are faster and faster and these young dudes are used to all the new technical innovations..they grew up with.   I agree, I think he has matured in the past year or so but...."Time waits for no one".

My Opinion

• Like 1

Yea, it will be interesting to see how he does. Some, like JLo, seem to think he will crush it on the Ducati and take more titles. I am not so sure. I think that could happen, but I don't think it is the most likely outcome. I am not sure Marc is the racer he used to be. He is older, has physically been through a lot, and I am not sure he has the ability he used to. That said, he clearly has talent. I am not a fan of his, I prefer a more technical racer, Marc is a more bravo racer who was fast by taking massive risks and having the ability to make amazing saves when the risks went bad. I am not sure he can still do that, and I am not sure he won't just crash a lot on the Ducati. The Ducati has been shown to smack you down if you make small mistakes. Just ask Bagnia and Martin. But you never know. I am curious to watch and see how he does. I am not rooting for him, but I would not bet against him.

• Like 2

We will have to wait and see, I think I will have another IPA  :rasta:.

Cheers Tom.

• Haha 1

MotoGP is fast disappearing up it's own arse like F1 has. Less and less relevant to the buying public and less and less about the riding and more and more about the tech and the "show". That's why WSB is so much better than Motogp these days. Aero and ride height devices have ruined MotoGP as smarter people close to racing predicted it would. It hasn't completely wrecked it but it's on the pathway. Now we have a situation where every rider is riding at 100% all the time and the difference in winning or not winning is down to the bike and what setting or tyre you chose or whether or not you got into a group and your front tyre overheated or you had a poor qualifying or someone got a tow from you in qualifying and although you were actually faster than them on a hot lap you towed them around and they gained 2 tenths on you thanks to your tow and you ended up two rows back on the grid to them because of it! When a rider can no longer "make the difference" in a race by shear determination and sticking his neck out to overcome a slight setting issue or tyre choice then it's going in the wrong direction. 

Speaking of qualifying we need to return to the one lap shootout system. Riders getting a tow off faster riders or riders getting shafted on their last "hot lap" because another rider has crashed and brought out the yellows is a joke. Now qualifying on the front two rows of the grid is mandatory for a decent race result because of the Aero and suspension issues you need to have a truer picture of who has the raw speed and award those riders accordingly. No point having a rider who should actually be on the 4th or 5th row on raw pace actually being on the front or second row because he used the faster rider for a "tow". The flag drops and he just gets in the way of the guy who's actually got the pace. 

Aero is the reason front tyres overheat and the reason overtaking is more difficult and it's totally a blind alley for road bikes. Same as squatting devices and front suspension launch devices. Because Dorna dumbed down the electronics and banned electronic on the fly suspension control which are a direct benefit and eminently transferrable to road bikes the MotoGP engineers turned their attention to Aero as another measure to claw back some of the loss. Problem is none of the Aero or manual squatting devices are useable on a road bike so the technical investment is a dead end to the manufacturers and the consumer. Don't confuse the aero on superbikes as useful they are almost entirely a decoration and a joke to the aesthetics of a road sports bike. Have you seen the ridiculous front wing on a BMW and they still can't win races with them. At the core of motorcycle racing is the rider NOT the tech. The further down the none relevant for the consumer tech road the less it becomes about the rider. It's what has always separated motorcycle racing from the joke F1 has become. If you are going to move ahead with the tech which is inevitable then at least direct it down the path that benefits and is relevant to the consumer. Speedway is one form of Motorcycle racing where the tech has deliberately been capped for 40 years or more to make it a "sport" about the racers NOT the motorcycle. Seems to have worked well. Not supporting those measures entirely but the current direction by Dorna is all about the "show" and not the sport. I see now the riders are forming a union so they have some say in the direction of MotoGP racing. Might be a good thing I think.

Phil

• Like 1
6 hours ago, KINDOY2 said:

I wouldn't bet money on him winning another,some of these young 22-year old guys can have horrendous crashes and still run all the way back to the pit's jump on the other bike and ride like nothing happened..and they are fearless because they havnt had any major injuries yet  ..It gets alot harder when you are past 30 yrs old like he will be , especially when you have had your humerus  cut out and flipped around upside down and bone grafted back in and had a half dozen concussions to the point they tell you you may go blind if you have another big one...Not to mention 2-3 major shoulder surgeries, all  since he was last champion. The bikes are faster and faster and these young dudes are used to all the new technical innovations..they grew up with.   I agree, I think he has matured in the past year or so but...."Time waits for no one".

My Opinion

What you say makes a lot of sense. Now Marc Marquez is driven by ambition and some kind of internal burning fire. Bailing out of his Honda contract, paying multi millions is just another proof. The only other example of a racer exiting a factory contract is Zarco with KTM.

He confirmed that he will be riding a 2023 Ducati in 2024; now will Ducati ultimately throw some bones in his direction? Having Marc Marquez racing for your brand is good for marketing. Even on a one year old bike, it is still a Ducati.

Personally, I think Marc Marquez will be competitive right from the start. I base my opinion on his desire to equal Rossi, not only for the number of world titles won, but also winning on two different machines.

We shall find out when the do the testing after the last Grand-Prix in Valencia. Honda has allowed him to test the Ducati ahead of the end of his contract.