Balabio Bars to Clipons.

OuijiVeck

12 minutes ago, OuijiVeck said:

---Shift spring... Shocked and DISMAYED  to hear one might NOT be sourceable... That would scuttle any plans of V 11 purchase. Up shits creek without one. I'll read the thread. I'll have one in hand before I'd buy the bike.

There is hope. :)

Get in touch with Scud, and ask him if he still has some available.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, audiomick said:

Shift spring: no, not really, as far as I have been able to tell. A solution was found here in the forum. If you're lucky, you might still be able to get one. Look here (it's a very, very long thread, but interesting) :

Needs more verys. Especially before the interesting...

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, audiomick said:

I see your point, but I find that a V11 without that fairing looks half naked. The fairing balances out the bumptious rear end that they all have. B)

They do have junk in their trunk. I was hoping for an update of the MKI LeMans, with the safety orange/red bikini fairing. The V11 quarter fairings are very functional, but lacking in aesthetics.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, audiomick said:

I see your point, but I find that a V11 without that fairing looks half naked. The fairing balances out the bumptious rear end that they all have. B)

You say that like it's a bad thing.

mySport seems quite excited to bare its half-nakedness to the wind . . .

figurehead.jpg&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=12fcc77ce3

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, OuijiVeck said:

Did Guzzi EVER sort out the rear wheel bearing fiasco on the V 11 mags..the shift spring issue..the relays ?

Short answer: No. Guzzi never sorted it out, but our community has . . .

Wheel Bearings gave me nightmares for many, many years. Well documented, but, bottom line: be absolutely certain the rear wheel spacer is 113mm. Without a doubt, my best success has been with KOYO C3 wheel bearings. I will never use anything else.

Shift Spring: solved by @Chuck's design and @Scud's production/distribution. PM Scud for one (last one you'll need.) When installing, perform the Lucky_Phil Shift Improvement:

Relays: solved. Go to the "answered" post in the thread Audiomick posted. Order the referenced "Best Relays" (currently Pickers Components High Current 5-pin). Carry your old ones for spares to share with your V11 buddies who didn't get the memo . . .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/24/2024 at 4:03 PM, docc said:

You say that like it's a bad thing.

mySport seems quite excited to bare its half-nakedness to the wind . . .

figurehead.jpg&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=12fcc77ce3

Too many other ships telling you to lower your high beams.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

In the early days I lusted after the Magni fairing for my Sport.

It would've been quite the financial commitment especially here in Oz.After a while though I realised that if I had gone with one I'd have been forever swapping between it and the Stucchi.A bit more time and I've come to prefer the Stucchi...really prefer it, so glad I never went down the path of the Magni.I dare say though the minister of finance would've made it er difficult anyways...ha ha.

I agree with Mick though in that the V11 does need a fairing to balance it out.

As good as bare breasted is, in this case she kinda looks better with her bikini top on!

Cheers  

• Haha 3

Thanks all for chiming in so much ..

My next quandary is : my Lemans I was nearly flat footed and it felt plenty Lite.........the Norge I half got rid of because I was on my Gimly the Dwarf tippy toes and it was a heavy fat pig despite same seat -weight specs. Seat width ??

And the Balabio?

@OuijiVeck I just read through this thread, welcome back. You mentioned handling, etc. I might mention, as I have the long wheel base as well, I pulled the forks up through the triple tree 15mm. The helpd the sluggish slow steering.

21 hours ago, LaGrasta said:

@OuijiVeck I just read through this thread, welcome back. You mentioned handling, etc. I might mention, as I have the long wheel base as well, I pulled the forks up through the triple tree 15mm. The helpd the sluggish slow steering.

Hey LaGrasta...nice to be back...

Ya..I drop the triple trees a lot ... my present Versys 650 ( great little bike...but...) I dropped about 1.5in. after dropping the ass end with a trick little bracket that's available. My years of experience converting MXers to ice racing and playing with suspension dropping the trees 4- 5in. was common. Getting the front to bite into the corner but keeping the back tire hooking up was a constant tweak. A great  part of ice racing was all the experimenting. Sprokets, lowering, jetting ...how much and viscosity of beer in the forks. Guiness was too stiff, Bud too light...a good IPA was about right. At the time the only one available was Bass Ale. Don't know what they're using today......

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Bass ale down south Devon on the little rock in the sea, hmmm Good.

Cheers Tom.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Balabbio is gone.

IMG_1680.jpg.414eadc6d63e62d92137df063fba2856.jpgGot a 2000 Sport to pick up Sat. In NH

12,000MI. 4,500$... 

Mistrals with airbox-ectomy. Is that a reliable FI thing. Also has an assortment of clipons and goofy Teck-no bags..tail rack, tail bag, tank bag... 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, OuijiVeck said:

Balabbio is gone.

IMG_1680.jpg.414eadc6d63e62d92137df063fba2856.jpgGot a 2000 Sport to pick up Sat. In NH

12,000MI. 4,500$... 

Mistrals with airbox-ectomy. Is that a reliable FI thing. Also has an assortment of clipons and goofy Teck-no bags..tail rack, tail bag, tank bag... 

Is that a handlebar conversion?

FWIW, I have gotten so much use out of Tekno panniers. Sure, along with my AeroStich they help make mySport look like a tarped-down heavy load . . .

3440771.jpg

• Like 1

Hey docc...long time !

ya. ..I had the Teck-nos on my LeMans for 4 years. They served the purpose but were not as gorgeous as the rest of the bike.i got some 37L Givis on my Versys I'll try hard to fit. 

Ya...he's got bars on it...I'm getting oem the clipons too.. .. i think the Silver with the red frame is "gaga.... pretty."

1 hour ago, docc said:

Is that a handlebar conversion?

FWIW, I have gotten so much use out of Tekno panniers. Sure, along with my AeroStich they help make mySport look like a tarped-down heavy load . . .

3440771.jpg

• Like 1

Would love some higher res images to get a closer look, but I spy an original Stucchi bikini - lovely piece of kit! :wub:

Also, probably Mistral canisters, perhaps an aftermarket crossover?