Introduction Thread

al_roethlisberger

It wasn't really like that with the tdm. I actually bought it by accident. A young lad at work had just passed his cbt and was looking for a 125. I took him for a run round some of the local dealers and my TDM had just come in that day in px. 6 months old and only 485 miles on the clock.

First ride home I thought what have I done. It took a while to gel as I'd just come off an IL4 and the power delivery was very different. I put 18k miles on it in the first 10 months and then changed jobs, so the miles came down a bit. It's now on 42k and so far I've only had to change a battery and the tps which was covered under warranty. Fantastic bike with enough character to keep it interesting. Plenty of grunt and performance similar to the V11. Excellent handling and can keep with the sports bikes in proper twisties.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Everyone. New member here, long time member of Apriliaforum.com. After a few weeks researching the excellent tech & FAQ topics here I've just purchased my first Guzzi, a 2002 Le Mans.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone. New member here, long time member of Apriliaforum.com. After a few weeks researching the excellent tech & FAQ topics here I've just purchased my first Guzzi, a 2002 Le Mans.

Well, well, well, look what the cat dragged in.

I ride up MI's left coast occasionally. Maybe we can hook up for a ride this summer.

You'll find tons of good info here.

Welcome (we don't say @#!#$# off around here like those other guys) :whistle:

That would be cool, Dan. Shoot me a PM over at Apriliaforum if you're headed this way. My buddies and I take regular weekend blasts to Silver Lake, Pentwater, Ludington and points north of there. Another rider is always welcome. Last September we rode up to The U.P - no expressways. Hoping to do it again this year, but on the Guzzi instead of the Aprilia.

That would be cool, Dan. Shoot me a PM over at Apriliaforum if you're headed this way. My buddies and I take regular weekend blasts to Silver Lake, Pentwater, Ludington and points north of there. Another rider is always welcome. Last September we rode up to The U.P - no expressways. Hoping to do it again this year, but on the Guzzi instead of the Aprilia.

Yea, those are great roads. We rode around the lake last August. Routes 31, 22 & 109-(tunnel of trees) were memorable roads. I hope to get up there later in the season.

Hey Orson I made it over here thanks for pointing me in the right direction. fooking Guzzi I haven't slept properly since Monday night when I made a deal on this 2003 with 2500km. I have had a picture of a LeMans on the shop wall for a few years now, Saturday if all goes well I pick it up. I will apologize now because I will probably be a pain in the butt, I do most of my own maintenance mainly because there isn't a dealer within 300 miles so I will be asking LOTS of questions. Hopefully it wont take to long to start contributing back to the collective. I have owned several motorcycles over the years (how many years doesn't matter does it?)Currently have only my 990 Adventure in the stable. But have owned FJ's back in the day, V-strom, 1050 Sprint ST, KLR and .....a bunch not so notables. Can't wait to register her in the proper thread. I plan on riding the hell out of it here in British Columbia, Canada Any way been lurking around for a bit now lots of info here. Don't expect me to post again until I am one of the paesano

ride well

David

guzzi.jpg

Long time lurker who's finally signed up. I've been toying with getting a BMW K1200S until I came across a 2004 Le Mans with 3K in pristine condition for $5.25K. May jump on it, even though it's 1000 miles away from me!

Paul

Long time lurker who's finally signed up. I've been toying with getting a BMW K1200S until I came across a 2004 Le Mans with 3K in pristine condition for $5.25K. May jump on it, even though it's 1000 miles away from me!

Paul

nice deal, you will not regret it, especially if you were looking at bimmers

Where is the bike located? I would think you could locate one closer.................

The two bikes could not be any where close in comparison. Make sure of what you want. If you like to put around and drink espresso, the BMW is the way to go. If you like taking things apart just to look inside, your wet dreams will no longer be dreams. GET IT NOW !!!!!!!!!!!!

M/G riders are a different breed. If you can listen to both Edvard Greig and Robin Trower, have problems with authority, left handed, own a Mac and enjoy pronouncing the name GUZZI to everyone who asks "a what?", take off tomorrow and go get it !

• 1 month later...

Hi all,started riding in 1975, owned all sorts from a bsa bantam to harley davidson tourglide, love bikes, girlfriend says i have OCD,a few years ago a friend let me try his california,i liked it,that started me looking at moto guzzi,then last year i helped on the repair of one, a brilliant green 2000 model v11 sport, it struck a cord with me,then two months ago i stuffed my bmw, insurance wrote it off, so been chugging about on my, dare i say it harley, enough of that. Next thing i know, i am asked if i know anyone after a moto guzzi, a v11 sport, the very one i had helped sort, all being well i will hopefully be the new owner of this bike very soon,it is in very nice condition, but not been used much the last few years, hence for sale, ive no idea what its true value is but we have shook on £2300

lee