What [music] do you listen to? Share your favs

13 hours ago, docc said:

"Halloween" ... Not sure what that means to the rest of the world

That the door-bell got rung about a dozen times yesterday evening in the hour after sunset.

Little kids who have no idea why they are doing it, but someone told them they will get lollies and stuff if they do.

As my girlfriend and I are both grumpy old farts, we didn't answer the doorbell.... B)

PS: I reckon, if German kids are going to be taught to go from door to door annoying people, it should rather be for something like this than something that has absolutely no base in German tradition... :huh2:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martinisingen

• Like 1

My memory fails me but , I never heard of the Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac until right around the first round of Covid 19 . I was in one of my favorited haunts in Cape Girardeau at CD Warehouse and a Fleetwood Mac CD was playing . I asked the salesman some ?s , he pulled the CD out of the player , I bought it and things were never the same !

• Like 1
5 hours ago, gstallons said:

... I never heard of the Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac until...

Yeah, I took a while too. I grew up with the Stevie Nicks era, and sometime much, much later I found out that they were, before that, one of those british blues bands that were perhaps not better than USA blues, but different, and equally good. :)

• Like 2

Riding gets the soul soaring a bit like like music can

Years ago I had over a week with mates bonding riding my ScuraR from the Atlantic (Biarritz) zigzagging from France to Spain up & down over the Pyrenees mountains to the Mediterranean

There’s something quite special & soul atmospheric when riding higher ground - a life forming experience I still carry with me

Any of you fella’s had a ride like that?

• Like 2
1 hour ago, ScuRoo said:

Any of you fella’s had a ride like that?

About 1988 or thereabouts I rode from Melbourne to the Gold Coast on my Z900. There was a girl on the pillion seat, and the reason for the trip was that she wanted to visit someon there. Three days to get there, 4 or 5 there, and then back to Melbourne on my own.

The bit with the girl didn't last long, which is no doubt a good thing. The trip was perhaps not "life-changing", but very much a "forming experience".

PS: not many curves when one goes up "through the middle", but slowly watching the landscape change over the course of 500 km. is definitely a meditational experience. :)

• Like 2

Since I live in Texas, I got closer to Country music. After seeing Kyle Park live, I took to him. He is not a very well known Country singer but he is genuine and authentic.

I am aware this style of music is not for everybody however, you may want to give it a shot. He is 100% pure Texas.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1