What [music] do you listen to? Share your favs

On 4/6/2024 at 9:16 AM, footgoose said:

New to me artist. Maybe visited the crossroads? adderall? definitely collagen.

seriously tho, the man is connected.

One New River, the new album from Knopfler, is out today.  I just downloaded.  Big fan, but while his style doesn’t vary dramatically, i do find that some albums become “best of all time” category for me, and others just barely get listened to.  

• Like 3

Interesting...I like Knopfler...had a chance to see him just a couple of years ago here in Sugar Land south of Houston.  He's quite the story teller and has a massive group of musicians with him.  I'll have to give the new album a listen now...hopefully it's a good one!

25 minutes ago, PJPR01 said:

Interesting...I like Knopfler...had a chance to see him just a couple of years ago here in Sugar Land south of Houston.  He's quite the story teller and has a massive group of musicians with him.  I'll have to give the new album a listen now...hopefully it's a good one!

Ragpickers Dream, Sailing to Philadelphia, and Shangri-La fit my taste nicely, though like a good album (or albums) should be, the stuff I did'nt prefer at first then grew on me, and the stuff that had a "hook" on the first listen then faded. 

common them for many artists (no big secret there), and for me as a listener, to have the hook songs get you to "sign up", so that you'll maybe then develop a taste for the other tracks.  I flew some well known musicians around on tour in years past, and I remember commenting to one of them about a great new song he played for the first time at a show, in prep for the next album release, and he said "ya, thats the hook, and i find it boring, but hopefully people will then listen to the stuff i'm actually proud of if they buy the album for that hook".

I found all those Knopfler albums good enough to play in the background while working on remodeling my home years ago, but then later after having it as background music, I only then realized "damn, this is really good".  But not for all his music...

• Like 1

studio version has more of a "hook" with the clean lead-in percussion, but this is good -

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Saw The Rolling Stones last night here in Houston!  Opening night of the Hackney Diamonds tour…last time they were here was 2019…great show, cool set list and a sold Out crowd!  If you want to see a young version of what Tina Turner sounded like you should see this show for the backup singer Chanel…what a voice!!

Mick was amazing as always…Ronnie still strutting and Keef sort of low key but enjoying himself!

I hope some of you guys get to see them on this tour…what fun!! IMG_3642.jpeg

• Like 1