V11 Rebuild and customisation

knumbnutz

3D printing

Oh, I'm  aware it's 3D printing.. but full 3D cad is a black art. That's not an *easy* part to program.

sp838 and his black arts . . . :ninja:

That's what it looks like to me too. I've seen a few comparisons and the conclusions seems to be that it's very hard to improve on the stock airbox. Although expanding the intakes on the stock airbox (as you have done docc) makes an improvement. I'm surprised that the stock crossover produced 10HP more than the aftermarket unit - or you could say that the aftermarket crossover robbed 10hp from the top end.

However, it seems that the majority opinion is that the aftermarket crossovers provide a smoother power curve in the midrange (and tend to eliminate a midrange hiccup).

I fooled with the Centauro for 2 years before I was happy with driveability. It definitely had more top end power with the stock crossover, but gave away everywhere else. 

does anyone know what's "inside" the stock xover assembly? is it a cat, or??

It is not a catalytic converter. There is a perforated metal grill inside. It's a *center muffler*. My original perf grill came loose and made an annoying rattle. My dealer (and MGNA) replaced it under warranty.

[A couple years later I bent mine (stock cross-over) in a stoopid crash and, with a stroke of pure generosity, ended up with Andy York's stock cross-over. So, if you can't keep up with me on a twisty road? Now, you know why.  ;)   :whistle:  :grin: ]

so two parts to wonder about, the crossover makes a huge HP difference and the airbox doesnt make that much difference.

I also wonder what the coppa is like then on the dyno as it has a crossover next the heads that run under the alternator.. anyone got dyno info on one ?

My butt-dyno says there is no difference between having a front crossover and not. I removed it from my 2003 LeMans and put pipes from a 2002.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

so two parts to wonder about, the crossover makes a huge HP difference and the airbox doesnt make that much difference.

I also wonder what the coppa is like then on the dyno as it has a crossover next the heads that run under the alternator.. anyone got dyno info on one ?

I think the general concensus is the Stucci cross over is the best. Equal top end or very close to it but large midrange improvement. Thats what I run after research a few years ago.

Ciao

• Like 1

I think the general concensus is the Stucci cross over is the best. Equal top end or very close to it but large midrange improvement. Thats what I run after research a few years ago.

Ciao

Exactly true

Ciao

Have to work out a place to get one.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

The Mistral crossover is available through MG Cycle (and probably other sources).

I have an FBF crossover on my LeMans. The FBF has no hanger tab at the rear and seems to have a reputation for cracking. But I am running it with the lightweight Ti pipes and was careful about tightening the whole exhaust system gradually. So far so good on the FBF - but the stock crossover will stay in reserve.