Green + Attitude = Gratitude

Scud

I just made one up (my third) from some aircraft-looking high pressure blue line that Carl Allison sent me years (and years) ago and transferred the stainless braid from the original line.

Don't throw away that original braided shielding!

I just made one up (my third) from some aircraft-looking high pressure blue line that Carl Allison sent me years (and years) ago and transferred the stainless braid from the original line.

Don't throw away that original braided shielding!

what about the ends? the oem's have a nice tight sleeve that cleans it up nice and stops the frays

I think it's just a piece of heat-shrink that goes over the cut end. There's nothing special about the line - it's not even pressurized.

Yes on the heat shrink and non-pressurized line. The only thing special is the heat shielding.

I shortened mine considerably to the minimum run length to get it away from the cylinder and head.

So Scud, now that you've basically got three (4 really) different iterations of the v11 under your belt. Early short frame, 02+ long frame and the almighty Scura, hollow front axle, single plate, narrow rear rim etc. Can you name a favorite? Noticeable differences?

Pretty sure I know the answer...

Well the Scura is the favorite for the Ohlins suspension, single-plate clutch, looks, and the fact that it was my first one.

Between the two LeMans, I like the red 2003. But not a fair comparison, because we've got some memories and the 2002 champagne LeMans is not road-worthy yet.

I'm not yet sure where the Greenie fits. I'm not going to get a good ride in till I take care of some stuff on the front end - and that could be a while yet. Got some more personal and business travel coming up. However, I got a little taste of how the red-frame handles today on a curvy little section by the lagoon near my house. It's got fresh sport rubber on (160 width on the read) and no steering damper... it tips in easier than the Scura. I liked that. The Titanium pipes sound great. Tell you what though... the Greenie gets attention. I combined a few errands with my shake-down rides today and I noticed a lot of people staring at it while parked.

That line from the petcock has to be at least 12 mm.

The rest of the fuel lines are smaller, high pressure lines. I used 5/16" (nearly 8mm), but they were awfully tight. I suspect those may be 10mm?

• 2 weeks later...

Took off the front wheel, degreased the fork bottoms - one fork seal had leaked a bit. Used the Motion Pro Seal Mate to clean out the oil seals and the dust seals. Two short rides and no further evidence of a fork leak.

• 3 weeks later...

Finished up the tuning. Throttle bodies were way out of sync. Straightened a little bend in the LH bar. Put the flyscreen on. Installed a pair of chrome Napoleon bar-end mirrors. Loaded up the tank bag and gave it a test run. I think I might be able to pack light enough to go to Phoenix on Monday morning. If not, the little brick is standing by.

IMG_6946.jpg

• Like 2