Green + Attitude = Gratitude

Scud

1-330-738-39 four four . Since Joe passed away , it is difficult to reach Ida Mae . You will have to call a few Xs to reach her .  Some of the best people to live and have lived on this planet .

• 3 weeks later...

Settling in with the Greenie...

Thought I was getting great gas mileage, but then determined that the low-fuel light is no longer coming on. Barely avoided pushing... sputtered into the gas station... 5.1 gallons to full.

Replaced a bunch of black-anodized fasteners with stainless: flyscreen, front fender, and some other bits. It's funny that the Greenie had so many dark-anodized bolts, while my Scura had all silver... and speaks to some sort of weird obsession that I compulsively replaced them on both bikes... Some people just can't leave shit alone.

Put some Titanium pins in the front brake calipers.

On my recent trip to Phoenix, my return trip was at night. Behind the flyscreen was way too bright. I literally "stuffed a sock in it" to prevent the headlight from reverse-illuminating the instruments and impairing my night-vision. So... foam strip from the hardware store has solved the problem.

IMG_7110.jpg

While I was at it, I installed an LED headlight that I got a while back from MartyNZ, but would not fit in the Scura's small plastic bucket. The Greenie's headlight and metal bucket is bigger - easy fit and far better light.

Then, a little night-ride to check on my Daughter's High School's Winter Formal pre-gathering at her friend's house... the Greenie got surrounded by boys while I was leaving and I forgot to put the sidestand up. Hit it pretty hard on my first left... managed to stay on the bike. Fortunately, this occurred out of sight of said boys. That's when I remembered that the PO had removed the little button from the sidestand (leaving wire in place). No damage, button is now back in... and the electronic nanny-feature can protect me again.

Ordered some silver Rizoma fluid tanks from Moto Forza (my local Ducati, Husqvarna, and MV dealer that had a devastating fire recently). Their new shop is super cool and I'm glad they have been able to re-open. I'm gonna try to buy more stuff from them. Heard a salesman in an ankle boot and crutches telling a prospective buyer how they could increase one of the Ducati's horsepower from something like 211 to something like 228. Wondered why and got back on my V11.

The sidestand thrill is something everyone does ONE time . 

Ha... I've done it twice. Previous owners of my LeMans and Greenie both disabled the switches. I re-enabled the switches immediately after both touch-downs.

Ha... I've done it twice. Previous owners of my LeMans and Greenie both disabled the switches. I re-enabled the switches immediately after both touch-downs.

after mine shorted the bike out I was determined to remove it. complacency led to a better decision to leave it there.

+1 on 5.1 US gallons to fill an "empty" early (chin pad) V11 tank. :blush:

And another +1 on the foam light blocker inside the Stucchi flyscreen fairing!  :thumbsup:

There is a reason pilots use check lists. All it takes is some momentary distraction and you *will* leave that sidestand down. The Mighty Scura's nanny feature was disabled when I took over as caretaker. I re-enabled it.   :oldgit:

• Like 1

The nice thing about the side stands on my Norton and Tonti is they are so long it's nearly impossible to ride off with them down. You wouldn't make it two inches before it would get ugly. The police stand on the Tonti is so long you can see it even past the cylinder head.

The nice thing about the side stands on my Norton and Tonti is they are so long it's nearly impossible to ride off with them down. 

...and my BMW K75s has a clever auto-retract spring that's actuated by the clutch cable at the transmission. And the Husky sidestand flies up and hits you in the balls if you stand too close to the bike. That's a mistake you make only once.

I get distracted when there are people around.  I've "stalled" my Scura more than once by putting it into gear with the sidestand down - thank-you e-nanny.

The nice thing about the side stands on my Norton and Tonti is they are so long it's nearly impossible to ride off with them down. 

...and my BMW K75s has a clever auto-retract spring that's actuated by the clutch cable at the transmission. And the Husky sidestand flies up and hits you in the balls if you stand too close to the bike. That's a mistake you make only once.

I get distracted when there are people around.  I've "stalled" my Scura more than once by putting it into gear with the sidestand down - thank-you e-nanny.

I hate that K75 side stand. It doesn't stay out until you put weight on it. So you are balancing the bike on one foot trying to hold the side stand out and hoping it doesn't slip and the bike land on your sorry ass. The clutch thing is too cute.

Don't get me started on the whole "tap both brakes or the flashing light thing". I had to put up with that for 75 miles before my dad and brother told me that trick on the way back from Barber. The last thing you want with a hurricane on your butt is warning light...

You can see why my brother sold his K75 when he got a Guzzi.

G'day mate

I'll be replacing the main seal on my 01 greenie soon and wouldn't mind putting this bracket on whilst it's all apart.

I noticed you mentioned you bought it at Moto International?

I tried their website and the search but couldn't find a part # for it

You wouldn't happen to remember or have the relevant part # by any chance?

Also did you notice any difference in handling after this was done?

Cheers Guzzler

You wouldn't happen to remember or have the relevant part # by any chance?

IMG_6988.jpg

I don't think it changed the handling. But the engine seems to rock a bit less at idle.