Green + Attitude = Gratitude

Scud

Hopefully the flame red will fade over time and match the rest of the frame?

Thanks, but it really won't matter. It's just a small section that goes behind the porkchop - where the bolt goes in. It was rusted so bad from the battery acid that I had drill the head off the bolt. I think I might send one of my daughters on a mission to match the color with nail polish for touch-up.

And the fork caps... the RH fork is leaking. If I need to take them off, I suppose I could paint the caps. That spotty aluminum corrosion is really hard to remove.

I tried the nail polish thing, but no real perfect match. That said, your daughters are likely expert rated at this sort of thing . . .

Halford's Tool Box paint is purported to be a great match, yet is likely a British thing. I had a good outcome with Krylon Indoor/Outdoor Gloss Banner Red.

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=16190&p=195940

I really thought Testor's (model paint) in Italian Red was great, but have been cautioned that it would contain no hardeners common to automotive paints. Maybe okay for touch-up.

Yeah, you can find used subframes on ebay. But this one was in great shape, except for that one spot. I masked it around the weld. Nobody's gonna see it. But there are some little chips and rusty bits on visible parts of the frame and porkchops - so a bit of touch-up paint would be welcome. 

35306875890_8c0830f769_z.jpg

I use "Hammerite" all-in-one rust protection 'red'. Though it sounds somewhat non-continental, I'm not sure whether you can get it in the US. It fit's nearly perfectly.

I use "Hammerite" all-in-one rust protection 'red'. Though it sounds somewhat non-continental, I'm not sure whether you can get it in the US. It fit's nearly perfectly.

luhbo, this Hammerite product "bright red, smooth"?

http://www.actiocms.com/VIEW_MSDS/AuthorDisplay_V402/msdsdisplaycode_author_new_MASTER.cfm?edit_msds_id=5810&dbname=production&Hide_Section_Numbers=N&formatcode=7&language=1&noprint_label_fax_email=Y

Good paint this, gives a great finish with a brush and dries quickly,  I use it on trailer wheels etc.

The only problem is it needs their special thinners/brush cleaner although I have used lacquer thinner.  Normal thinners or brush cleaner will not work.

Their data sheet lists the thinners:

http://www.hammerite.co.uk/files/2017/02/HM_GB_EN_BRUSH_CLEANER___THINNERS.pdf

Had a pep-talk with the parts on the left of the picture:  "OK men. You need to get yourselves onto the towel and ready for installation."

The pep-talk is working...

35006625413_8b96dd19a0_b.jpg

Took out the injectors and used MartyNZ's fabulous injector cleaner again. New fuel hose and the good injection clamps. Repainted all the silver parts on the rear drive (VHT Cast Aluminum Engine Enamel and VHT Engine Gloss Clear Coat). 

The new paint is closer to the original silver of the wheels. And this 180 tire needs to come off... Hard to tell in this photo, but the sidewall is at a weird angle.

35775942796_66dcf629f2_b.jpg

• Like 2

You can test all the sensors from the ECU connector. I'll send you the sketch.

Sent from my shoe phone!

Update

Why did I think you were testing sensors? I read that somewhere.

For painting black frame parts Por15 is great, apply it with a brush and it smooths out better than a rattle can finish, I did the frame on my Eldorado, looks like a powder coat job.

• Like 1

Thanks for the sketch Roy. It's gonna be at least a week till I get to play with it, because I've got some work travel coming up. Good tip on the paint - I'll file that away for future reference. 

But yesterday I got her back into the "roller" state so my wife's car can be in the garage again. 

IMG_6533.jpg

And a couple close-up pics:

IMG_6532.jpg

IMG_6528.jpg

• Like 1

Yeah. I'm gonna be in WI and MI for a week. The greenies rolling so now we can get the new Subaru out of the sun.

I'm using Docc's son's new service. Imgzeit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk