2003 MG V11 Coppa Italia?

Joe

That there is the  Coppa Di Merda Limited edition.. An "Enhanced"  survivor.. Stripe added for" ultra speed"..Limited edition parts from  E. Baye and special Amazonian racer parts from Jaque Bezos. Exquisite. Timeless.. 

Wait.. Down $1200????? They wanted $7200 at one time for that?!!

• Haha 4

12 hours ago, footgoose said:

it's this one. '02 Sport with a painted seat cowl. Didn't realize they came with black forks.

MOTO-GUZZI V11 (2001-2005) Review | Speed, Specs & Prices | MCN

This was the standard V11 Sport.. You might be thinking of the V11 Cafe with all the Ohlins bits.

Coppas have Öhlins. This one has Nöhlins. Wrong forks, shock, fairing, paint, handlebars. Other than that, it's fine.

More questions than answers.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

In all fairness, this looks like a nice LongFrame Sport, really pretty clean and original. Yeah, the tail fairing has probably been repainted, but the red and the stripes and "stickers" are pretty tasteful. No, I don't like header wrap, but that is removable and the stainless headers would likely polish up.

The VIN does say 2003, but let's accept it as a 2002 "carry-over" (chin-pad tank with external pump/filter and white face Veglia instruments with the challenging "angle drives" and fuzzy-bubbly wrinkle black driveline paint).

"Pretty", but less-than-ideal-for-tuning intake filters/"pods" in place of the factory airbox makes one wonder how the "side covers" have been remounted. (Someone saw to it that they are!)

All of the Eagle plaques are intact along with the original exhaust, turn signals, full rear fender/lights, and factory shift/brake levers and footpegs.

Really the only flaw to the offering is calling it a "Coppa Italia." 

• Thanks 1

On 7/19/2022 at 10:23 PM, Rox Lemans said:

This was the standard V11 Sport.. You might be thinking of the V11 Cafe with all the Ohlins bits.

I don't communicate well. This so called Coppa is a standard v11 sport with some painted bits, and the pic I posted is a standard v11 sport that became the Coppa wannabe,  IE same bike. To be fair the listing details do refer to the bike as a V11 Sport. I don't think the day has arrived yet that these command prices like that but I won't gripe at anyone that tries.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, docc said:

In all fairness, this looks like a nice LongFrame Sport, really pretty clean and original. Yeah, the tail fairing has probably been repainted, but the red and the stripes and "stickers" are pretty tasteful. No, I don't like header wrap, but that is removable and the stainless headers would likely polish up.

The VIN does say 2003, but let's accept it as a 2002 "carry-over" (chin-pad tank with external pump/filter and white face Veglia instruments with the challenging "angle drives" and fuzzy-bubbly wrinkle black driveline paint).

"Pretty", but less-than-ideal-for-tuning intake filters/"pods" in place of the factory airbox makes one wonder how the "side covers" have been remounted. (Someone saw to it that they are!)

All of the Eagle plaques are intact along with the original exhaust, turn signals, full rear fender/lights, and factory shift/brake levers and footpegs.

Really the only flaw to the offering is calling it a "Coppa Italia." 

Docc, I didn't really see in the :pic: that he was running intake pods with the side covers :thumbsup:. I also agree the general shape of the bike looks worthy to buy, just named wrong.

• Like 1

I would have thought by now someone would have posted a pic of an actual Coppa Italia

I am a fan of the Coppa Italia, and regret that while I came close to getting one I wasn't able to. It was one of my favorite parts bin special versions of the V11. The bike for sale does look to have the correct pork chops in the metallic red anodized color, and is that a frame mount front fairing? Not sure. Doesn't look like it. But the lack of Ohlins (or Nohlins as po18guy said so well), along with the lack of the fancy paint job, mean that ain't what they say it is. At $6,000 that is too much money for a V11 in that shape. That is 5 lbs of shit for the price of 10.

CoppaItalia.jpg

• Like 3