V11 for sale online/ Craigslist and all others

chamberlin

1 hour ago, docc said:

Such a familiar image. Does anyone know of another failure example? Or have another image besides this one?

There is a sobering photo here - go to April 1, 2018 to see how Paul's flywheel shattered and took out the engine and transmission cases.

• Thanks 1

On 8/12/2023 at 12:29 PM, Guzzi-in-Vancouver said:

Tenni in Tennessee!

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1043339023698515/?mibextid=6ojiHh

…beautiful with low miles!

Nice pics but I can't get to the actual ad.

38 minutes ago, fotoguzzi said:

Well to me SB’s are not race bikes ...

Well, yes, heron heads and all that.

But...

I know 7 people personally who maintain small blocks as track bikes. Mostly just for fun, but one of them is this bloke (whom I admittedly don't know very well) :

https://www.silent-hektik.de/Rac_Sascha_Pfautsch_Racing.htm

and another 3 or 4 from hearsay.

As far as I'm concerned, my V35 Imola is definitely at least as much danger to my driver's license in respect to speeding fines as my GTR 1000 Kawasaki ever was, in fact more, and also as much as the V11 Le Mans. It doesn't have a great deal of power, but wants desperately to be using all of it all the time. :bike:

The Breva 750 ie that I just bought is a bit of a "generic motorcycle", but I think putting some clip-ons on it to get more contact with the bike will change the whole ball game there. I think there is some tweaking to be done on the motor too, just along the lines of "a decent tune-up", but even as it is it's loads of fun (despite the "sit-up-and-beg" riding position). :)

• Like 2

Ok. But having owned a Buell and Hyperstrada I’m pretty sure I’d be disappointed with a SB. That could change tho I guess since I get my speed fix in my Tesla (M3) now, it’s faster than any bike I’ve ever owned or ridden. My friends model S can do the quarter mile in 9.5 seconds, 145mph. Top speed 200.

I have not received any awards from the highway patrol, yet.

It's not really the speed as such, particularly with the V35 Imola. That is flat out at about 145 km/h. The fun is in the way it feels whilst getting there. The small block motor is a lot of fun. :)

• Like 1

On 8/17/2023 at 11:40 AM, Randy said:

Nice pics but I can't get to the actual ad.

I can still see it but the seller had said they found a buyer pdq. I’m not sure if one is supposed to post pictures on this thread but I can if anyone is interested. I downloaded them 😃 as I’m enamoured with the idea of owning any Guzzi Tenni. 

Wow, that's practically nothing.

Still, that doesn't mean one could buy it and just start riding it.

I bought a Breva 750 a couple of weeks ago. Less than 10,000 km. on the clock. At first glance, it looks like new. I've since discovered a couple of scratches, but never mind.

The bike has only done about 500 km in the last 10 years, based on records of a tyre change at the bike shop that took care of the sale for the owner. The Breva runs ok, but...

It needed a complete fluid change. At this point, I've done engine and gearbox oil, but still have to do final drive and brake fluid. On the basis of previous experience, I'm inclined to really open up the brake calipers and see what they look like from the inside. And the rear brake doesn't feel right anyway, so...

The tyres on it are no doubt the ones put on at the bike shop in question 10 years ago. They look almost new, but I'm more and more convinced that they are just too old.

The bike has "startus interruptus". I think the battery is still in an acceptable condition. Going by the look of it, it might even have been put in for the sale. Nevertheless, something has to be done about getting a decent 12V supply to the solenoid on the starter. It seems to be more or less the same problem that blights our V11s in that respect.

For some reason, the idle speed is far too low. It is supposed to be around 1100 rpm, and can only be influenced by the bypass screws on the throttle bodies. It is, however, not 1100 but rather more like 850 rpm. So a tune up is in order, even though the bike is "practically new". :huh2:

I'm hoping that when those things, and that which is still to become apparent, is all sorted, I'll have a reliable and stress free bike to ride into town and do errands on. Time will tell... :)

That's a helluva good deal for someone with basic mechanical skills who is willing to give a freshening. You could probably even drop it off at a shop and get it back ready-to-rip for a small fee.

• Like 1