V11 for sale online/ Craigslist and all others

chamberlin

1 hour ago, activpop said:

, it is a 2001. Title said 2004,

The papers here list the date of first registration, so if a bike sits in a dealership for a while, the listed date can easily diverge from the build date.

Is that the same there, or are they supposed to list the year of manufacture?

1 minute ago, audiomick said:

The papers here list the date of first registration, so if a bike sits in a dealership for a while, the listed date can easily diverge from the build date.

Here, it is the year on the Certificate of Origin which is reflected in the VIN. The actual build date could be in the prior year.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, audiomick said:

Model year, which could be a digit off from manufacture date.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

interesting.  Crossed my mind to buy it for spares, mainly for the body work, but that’d be overkill.  Someone should ride it.

it’s in my general area, so if anyone wants it I can pick it up and stow it for you….

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Gmc28 said:

interesting.  Crossed my mind to buy it for spares, mainly for the body work, but that’d be overkill.  Someone should ride it.

it’s in my general area, so if anyone wants it I can pick it up and stow it for you….

I thought about it also, but too many projects going on already. It's close to me as well. I wonder about bike's history when it is up for sale without its fairing.

I wonder about bike's history

Indeed. Supposedly a 2002, but apparently with a short tank, and the clip-ons are under the top yoke, not above. My 2002 Le Mans has a long tank, and the bars above the yoke. :huh2:

Indeed. Supposedly a 2002, but apparently with a short tank, and the clip-ons are under the top yoke, not above. My 2002 Le Mans has a long tank, and the bars above the yoke. :huh2:

Good eye.  But i don’t think thats a short tank?  Hand’s noticed the clip-on’s till you mentioned that. Looking closer…

Thanks docc, and going by that, I do have the impression that the bike in the ad has a short "chin pad" tank, and not the long tank that I have. Still, it is a bit hard to tell from those photos.

Thanks docc, and going by that, I do have the impression that the bike in the ad has a short "chin pad" tank, and not the long tank that I have. Still, it is a bit hard to tell from those photos.

Yes, it appears to be a typical 2002 red/grey LeMans with the fairing removed (someone had a dose of SportEnvy :sun:).  Your "2002" is an anomaly, @audiomick,  and may have more to do with the way the model year is declared in your country of registration. I suspect you also have black face gauges and non-wrinkle, more satin, black driveline paint? What is your 10th VIN character?

4 hours ago, audiomick said:

Can't say for sure about the tank, but my long tank doesn't have a pad on top. :huh2:

It's the crossover model with the long frame, short tank and a plastic cover on the frame at the steering head to help disguise the gap between the front of the tank and the steering head caused by the tank frame comb.

Phil

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, docc said:

...Your "2002" is an anomaly,

Yes, I believe it is.

10th. digit is "2", long frame (black), long tank (no pad), dark background on the gauges, but wrinkle paint on the motor. :)

Also, the ECU is one of those 15M with a paper sticker on it. On the paper sticker it says "2002 Le Mans", but reliable sources have told me it is more than likely a re-programmed California ECU that went back as a warranty claim and got re-programmed in the factory and used for the V11.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, audiomick said:

long tank (no pad)

just to clarify..

some (mine) of the 'chin pad' tanks came with no pad. Still a removable piece, only plastic and painted color of the tank.

• Like 1