V11 for sale online/ Craigslist and all others

chamberlin

8 hours ago, p6x said:

Good catch!

However we need to keep in mind that not all of us are "purists"?

I try to keep my Le Mans as it came out of the factory in 2004. The Quota I went to check in Boise was modified by its owner. I did not tell him I found some of the modifications desecration, because anyone can do what they want on what they own;

I agree w the mod your own stuff as you see fit, but I thought the Coppa came with high dollar titanium cans. Maybe it was an option, not sure. Either way this example is missing some original bits, I personally think the stock bike like Randy’s is gorgeous. :huh2:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Joe said:

I agree w the mod your own stuff as you see fit, but I thought the Coppa came with high dollar titanium cans. Maybe it was an option, not sure. Either way this example is missing some original bits, I personally think the stock bike like Randy’s is gorgeous. :huh2:

There always is a thin line between your own taste and maintaining the bike in its original condition.

I have learned that if you modify your motorcycle, it is always better to keep all the stock parts, thus if you sell it, whoever gets it can revert it. Especially with a vintage motorcycle, when getting the spare parts is difficult.

Even finding out the period correct paint codes seem to be extremely challenging.

23 hours ago, Joe said:

Titanium pipes were a $2000 option.

• Like 1

On 6/22/2023 at 11:06 AM, fotoguzzi said:

That bike looks about perfect, nice mods and fixes. Like the mufflers a lot.price fair..

apparently, someone already snatched it.... post deleted...

On 6/22/2023 at 9:52 AM, activpop said:

The odometer looks like an ITI... prone to failure (lol).

On the photos, the bike looks low mileage, but that needs to be ascertained.

Strange the guy says no test riding because of insurance. When I went to Boise to check the Quota 1100ES which I still think about every single day, I checked with my own insurance, and was informed that I am insured exactly the same way weather on my own or any other bike I ride.

Isn't this the normal way? or do I have a special deal?

Same thing when I rented a car from Turo; insurance exactly has if it was my own.

21 minutes ago, docc said:

Rare Ballabio from 1999 . . . :glare:

No chin pad? He had this listed back in March. Looks like its up again.

4 hours ago, activpop said:

No chin pad? He had this listed back in March. Looks like its up again.

I was just being snarky. The Ballabio/LongFrame/long tank was not built in 1999. They were all 2003-2004, IIRC.

It is always concerning, IMO, when an ad has such a glaring error.

1 hour ago, docc said:

I was just being snarky. The Ballabio/LongFrame/long tank was not built in 1999. They were all 2003-2004, IIRC.

It is always concerning, IMO, when an ad has such a glaring error.

Haha, went over my head. I didnt think so either. Owner is out of town until Saturday and said he will give me VIN. That will tell the tale. The tenth digit will be either ending in a 3 or 4 I suspect. I went through this with my V11, another glaring error. Was listed as a 2004, you guys looked at it and said no way, it is a 2001. Title said 2004, PO maintained it is a 2004 and my new title still says that, DMV couldnt change it. Build date on headstock and VIN both prove them all wrong. Go figure. :huh2:

• Like 1