I'm out......

pete roper

Decided yesterday that I'm pulling the pin. As of 21st of Feb this year I'll be handing off Motomoda, the company I've been running for 30+ years to Michael, my offsider. He's spent the last five years absorbing Guzzi knowledge and is more than up to speed on everything built this millenium. Most of our work in the last fifteen years has been V11 and CARC bike related and that will likely continue, although it'll be his business to do with as he chooses.

Im 67 in February, I don't have the time or the strength to learn another whole generation of bikes and my health has been declining rapidly. I have no desire to die in harness as it were. I'll still be around as Michael can't ride or move the bikes around but the roles will be reversed. He's the boss and I'll just be the hired help!:lol:

Please patronise him for parts and service. He knows his shit and will need customers and your support to keep the wheels turning.

Cheers guys.

Pete

• Like 10
  • Thanks 7

Congratulations, Pete! A well deserved "retirement" with a great plan to stay involved. Michael is a lucky fellow to have your trust, support, and acquaintance!

Best regards from all of V11LeMans.com and, by all means, keep us on your To Do List!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Enjoy life Pete.!!..We will still be seeing you around the forums!     Cheers..Or "Ta" as you sometimes say!  :-)

• Like 1

Congratulations Pete. Take care of yourself, and I hope you get to stay involved in the business mostly for the parts you enjoy. 

Good on you! Probably hard to imagine, but there is a life outside the collective of Guzzi individuals. Good luck with your new role as the hired help! And don't be a stranger here.

• Like 4

I don't believe this for a moment.

Nope.  "Retirement" is simply code for being tired of giving out free advice for decades.  :grin:

Now, you are going to hang out a consultant's shingle on the web, complete with (1) a bio for the two or three Guzzista on the planet who do not know of you; (2) a required waiver for those with dumb questions who bruise easily, and; (3) PayPal and CC links for take-it-to-the-bank answers to the questions that the innocent and damned might ask of the wizard from Oz.  Nice plan.  :notworthy:

Seriously, best wishes to you, Jude, and Michael for success and happiness.  :race:

Bill

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Pete , only you know what you need to do ! Don't think you are the only 67yr old on this site , you're not. I don't want to learn anymore but I can not stand "not knowing" and I know you and everyone else on this site feels the same. That is one of the traits of a MG owner.  

As satchel Paige said " Don't look back , somethin' might be gainin' on you" and "Work like you don't need the money".

• Like 2

Congrats on your retirement, Pete. And best of luck to your friend Michael in carrying on the business. Were I on that side of the world I would certainly give him my business.

• Like 2

Congratulations Pete and thank you for all that you have done, contributed over all these years making Moto Guzzi such a special community of enthusiasts.

If your next chapter in life (retirement) is anything like mine you will wonder how you ever had time to do that thing we call "Work"!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1