Introduction Thread

al_roethlisberger

Welcome, glad to have you aboard. Sounds like you've got a handle on things, so enjoy and share your adventures. With pictures, preferably:)

Howdy!

Figured I would introduce myself here. I'll be picking up a 2001 V11 Sport on Friday. This will be the 4th Guzzi that I have owned. I currently have a 2009 V7C and in the past had a 1980 V50 and a 2007 Griso 1100.

I really can't wait to pick it up since I've been looking for one for a few years now. Here's a pic of the bike I'll be getting.

Ken

V11side2.jpg

Welcome, glad to have you aboard. Sounds like you've got a handle on things, so enjoy and share your adventures. With pictures, preferably:)

Howdy!

Figured I would introduce myself here. I'll be picking up a 2001 V11 Sport on Friday. This will be the 4th Guzzi that I have owned. I currently have a 2009 V7C and in the past had a 1980 V50 and a 2007 Griso 1100.

I really can't wait to pick it up since I've been looking for one for a few years now. Here's a pic of the bike I'll be getting.

Ken

Nice looking bike. I know the feeling of leaving for a while but the lure keeps dragging you back :thumbsup:

Howdy!

Ken

Welcome Ken! It looks like you're buying our moderator JRT's bike. Congrat's on finding a well sorted and cared for V11. Have fun with it.

Howdy!

Ken

Welcome Ken! It looks like you're buying our moderator JRT's bike. Congrat's on finding a well sorted and cared for V11. Have fun with it.

I can't wait to pick up the bike! Talking to him on the phone, he's obviously a great guy. I've been looking for a good V11 for a few years now, but I've never been able to make it happen.

I looked at a 2002 V11 last year in Milwaukee. The owner hadn't changed the oil since it's first service. The front brake pads were good, but the rears were metal on metal contact (rookie rider?) He also had a nail in the rear tail for the past 4 years-he never repaired or replaced it. He just filled it with air when needed. No recalls were done on it either-he even showed me the recall notices he received. Passed on that bike in a hurry.

Ken

• 2 months later...

Hello Everyone,

Just took possession of my first Moto Guzzi and have searching the net for information on my new to me V11 Naked.

I live in Northern Calif a place called Petaluma out among the dairy cows.

I'm retired and spend my time building cafe racers and when time allows Rally riding with the Iron Butt assoc. or MERA on either a BuMW or a Honda ST1300 the V11 was going to be a project bike for a friend of mine but I sort of fell for it so now I'll find another MG for him and keep this one. Stingy bastard that I am.

I do have a question does anyone know where I might find the paint codes for Moto Guzzi? My 2004 V11 is the burgundy color one and I can find no information on even what it's proper Moto Guzzi name is much less a paint code. I am also wondering where one might find the translucent red that the valve covers and pork chops are painted. Those I thought were anodized but one fellow corrected me on this point. Now I find that this paint is also hard to find.

If anyone could point me in the right direction I would be eternally grateful.

I will try to contribute to the site anyway I can, I spend a goodly number of days on the road looking for cafe racer bits (at this point usually Bloor and pre-Bloor Triumphs) but I do run across MG's in all states of repair. I will be sure to post any finds to the list for other members to follow up on; as my V11 project is quickly becoming a labor of love.

Thanks for any help.

Rich

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there, let me introduce myself. My name is Willem, 58 years old and I live in the Netherlands. Riding Italian bikes for 30 years .

I've had several bikes, most were sporty Guzzi's,

Since a few weeks I am the proud owner of a black 2000 model V11. I bought the bike in UK and the milage is only 3200 miles.

At this moment I am waiting for my dutch licenseplates and can't ride.

I've seen a lot of interesting topics and the next period I am afraid that I will post a lot of Rookie-questions about the V11.

myphoto (4).jpg

Hi, I'm John from Okla City.

I just added a '01 green V11 Sport along side my '98 EV 11 and '98 Suzuki 1200 Bandit.

I've been on Wild Guzzi for several years (about the time I purchased the EV). The green Sport was the one that Chuck from Indiana was advertising on behalf of his son Brad. I've run it 400 miles in the last week and half, it's a goer. I've not ridden a Guzzi that was sportier.

I hope to pick up some tips on how best to maintain it.

• 2 months later...

Hi, I'm Courtney from Seattle. I just bought this 2004 Ballabio a couple of weeks ago. It's box stock with 14,000 miles and has been well taken care of. It looks like it's brand new.

It will be bunking with my first Moto Guzzi, a 2004 California EV Touring.

8163111812_9a26ed8361_c.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, New Guzzi owner as of tonight. :helmet: I just purchased a V11 Lemans Tenni from a friend and forum member! I've been lurking for a few weeks so the questions will now commence....

Hi, New Guzzi owner as of tonight. :helmet: I just purchased a V11 Lemans Tenni from a friend and forum member! I've been lurking for a few weeks so the questions will now commence....

Welcome to the site,probably the best MC site on the planet,with a lot of very knowledgeable and helpfull members. You're not left handed are you?:grin: Enjoy..