Pete Roper V11 slosh trays now available!

Pressureangle

Yes I'm in.  ( Perfect fit, legal rights :rasta:)

Cheers Tom.

On 11/3/2023 at 3:36 PM, docc said:

How long shall the "list"/order window remain open, @DucatiGuzziIndian?

The list (compiled by @Speedfrog, from May, included these members (please, re-confirm based upon the current offer):

@Speedfrog________ x1  ✔️

@PhillipLarsen____ x1✔️

@guzzler________ x1  ✔️

@Joe______________ x2  ✔️

@Tomchri________ x1✔️

@audiomick__  ___ x1✔️

@swooshdave's friend ______ x1

@activpop________ x1✔️

+ @Dragonknee ...... x1

Watching for  @Dragonknee to confirm. (✔️)

and anyone else that wants to come on . . .

Ideally I’d like to order these and our other stuff by the end of next week but I can add a couple days.

Ill need a final quantity by say Sunday 11th……. Hopefully that’s enough time for everyone.

OK????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/3/2023 at 7:39 PM, docc said:

Watching for @Dragonknee to confirm. (✔️)

and anyone else that wants to come on . . .

I was just putting in a placeholder for a friend. I'll let him reserve for himself. But it's a definite yes.

• Thanks 1

Well, I don’t really need one, I had put my name down back in May mainly to kickstart @Pressureangle campaign for another run and support his efforts to provide this great service for the community. 

I’ll do it again this time around if that puts the count over 10 and reduces the final cost for everyone, surely a latecomer will chime in after the production run is over, wanting one... 

If not it’ll make a nice trivet - - -

PS: With all due respect, I hope it is not too much of a blind faith to trust DGI, a newcomer to these shores, to produce plates within the original specs that will fit and function as they should  - says the worrywort - ...

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Speedfrog said:

is not too much of a blind faith to trust DGI, a newcomer to these shores, to produce plates within the original specs that will fit and function as they should  - says the worrywort - ...

All the specs but the material are in the digital file, and actually hard to make mistakes with. Quality and finish are really the domain of the cutter. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Speedfrog said:

PS: With all due respect, I hope it is not too much of a blind faith to trust DGI, a newcomer to these shores, to produce plates within the original specs that will fit and function as they should  - says the worrywort - ...

Fit and quality isn't a big concern. I'm also not that worried about them running off with everyone's $100 bill, even if they are new around here.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Speedfrog said:

Well, I don’t really need one, I had put my name down back in May mainly to kickstart @Pressureangle campaign for another run and support his efforts to provide this great service for the community. 

I’ll do it again this time around if that puts the count over 10 and reduces the final cost for everyone, surely a latecomer will chime in after the production run is over, wanting one... 

If not it’ll make a nice trivet - - -

With that, adding @DucatiGuzziIndian's own plate, and considering @swooshdave's friend, I get ten at this point.

No word from @Dragonknee, but he can get his from @Speedfrog's generous offer . . .

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, swooshdave said:

Fit and quality isn't a big concern.

So you’d be ok with mis-aligned holes and a warped plate then?

1 hour ago, swooshdave said:

I'm also not that worried about them running off with everyone's $100 bill, even if they are new around here.

You brought that up...

My concerns maybe unfounded but they are my concerns and until I get a product in my hand to evaluate it’s quality, they will remain as such. I have been burned too many times buying parts sight unseen. 

3 hours ago, Pressureangle said:

All the specs but the material are in the digital file, and actually hard to make mistakes with. Quality and finish are really the domain of the cutter. 

DGI is spec’ing 2mm 304 stainless steel.

What material did you use for your first batches?

And do you know what material was used for the original plates made by P. Roper?

15 minutes ago, Speedfrog said:

DGI is spec’ing 2mm 304 stainless steel.

What material did you use for your first batches?

And do you know what material was used for the original plates made by P. Roper?

Pete has said stainless steel, not less than 2mm:

• Thanks 1

I understand the concerns.

Im a 66 yr old mechanical engineer.

I came to the US to start my own business in ‘98. Didn’t know a soul here but spotted an opportunity.

Happy to post more info to give anyone more confidence.

I sent a link to my business website to Pete. Happy to send to others.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

We discussed material offline. My plates were .080" 304 Stainless.

Let me add one more thing here; I can tell you that taking on this burden for the benefit of the community and without any meaningful profit is a favor not to be made light of. I stuck my neck out for many thousands of dollars up front and I may have kept enough profit to pay for my gas to the post office. If there's one among us who will willingly take a passed torch, I'm one to thank them and sit back down. 

• Like 8