Moto Guzzi V100 Sport Tourer: water cooled, 120 HP (26th of August 2021)

p6x

On 12/25/2023 at 6:34 PM, audiomick said:

Just as a matter of interest, how many people here know who Jack Brabham (mentioned in the article) was?

On 12/25/2023 at 9:46 PM, pete roper said:

I see your Jack Brabham and raise you a Stirling Moss:P

Jack Brabham, Stirling Moss, and my best, John Surtees. Briefly meeting him was a highlight of my life.

• Like 2

On 12/25/2023 at 5:34 PM, audiomick said:

Just as a matter of interest, how many people here know who Jack Brabham (mentioned in the article) was?

Black Jack ran his own F1 team, won the title with an Oldsmobile engine and was the first guy to race the Indy 500 in a "rear engine" car.  He later sold the team to Bernie.   I remember it all as a kid.  

There were lots of great drivers.  Jack was one of the first to run his own team and build his own race cars and sell them to other teams. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, GuzziMoto said:

Jack Brabham, Stirling Moss, and my best, John Surtees. Briefly meeting him was a highlight of my life.

Graham Hill was the nicest one I met..I worked with several when I was with "International Management and ""Wide World of Sports" back in the 60's and early 70's ..Jackie Stewart, Peter Revson..,etc. but I liked Graham Hill

• Like 4

On 12/27/2023 at 4:51 PM, LowRyter said:

Black Jack ran his own F1 team, won the title with an Oldsmobile engine...

Yes. Although the engine apparently had little in common with the stock engine as fitted in Oldsmobiles.  :)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brabham_BT19#Engine_and_transmission

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, KINDOY2 said:

Graham Hill was the nicest one I met..I worked with several when I was with "International Management and ""Wide World of Sports" back in the 60's and early 70's ..Jackie Stewart, Peter Revson..,etc. but I liked Graham Hill

It is cool when you met someone of such fame and they actually turn out to be nice. So often they aren't.

Another famous person I met, at least famous in certain circles, was John Britten. What an amazing guy he was. And a good guy to boot. Incredibly nice.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, GuzziMoto said:

It is cool when you met someone of such fame and they actually turn out to be nice. So often they aren't.

Over the years I have encountered a number of more or less famous musical artists. The trend is, the better and more experienced they are at what they do, the more likely there are to be relaxed and friendly. The difficult ones are those who are not as good as they would like to be (and know it deep down inside...).

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, audiomick said:

Over the years I have encountered a number of more or less famous musical artists. The trend is, the better and more experienced they are at what they do, the more likely there are to be relaxed and friendly. The difficult ones are those who are not as good as they would like to be (and know it deep down inside...).

Makes sense. I have met some top level racers who were nice, and others that weren't. Some were capable of being nice to fans, but at the same time were also not nice when just being themselves. Whenever approached by fans my race team and I always tried to go out of our way to be nice and approachable. Even though we were not a factory team or anything, we still understood that racing is an entertainment sport, and as such we wanted to do our best to make the experience of going to see a race a fun experience. Our team was run by a man who really understood that.

I have not met many musicians, but my sister and her husband have. Based on talking to them I suspect another factor in the equation is how long they have been doing it. Musicians that have been around a longer time seem to be better at dealing with their fans. And I suspect some are genuinely nice people to begin with.

• Like 4

On 12/27/2023 at 6:12 PM, GuzziMoto said:

.. Musicians that have been around a longer time seem to be better at dealing with their fans...

Yes, they often are. Paul McCartney, for instance, (no, never had anything to do with him...) seems to be very good at that.

Dealing with artists as a technician sometimes shows up a different side. Both the "arrogant because a prick" and the "tetchy because uncertain", but also the genuinely nice. Suzi Quatro, for instance, struck me as genuinely nice. Actually not a very flash bass player, but nice. :)

Lets hope some of the musicians wil by a V 100.

Cheers Tom.

Looks like a V11 Cali motor and forks. You can see the alternator cover at the front of the engine. The original Loops had a generator in the valley. I'm surprised the alt cover doesn't bash on the front mudguard as I'm told by others who have gone down the same path that this is an issue unless the front mudguard is modified but have no first hand experience. Front brakes look pretty fancy. Are they six potters?

• 3 weeks later...

I found a Texas based review of the Red V100 Mandello...

What is hilarious, is that the reviewer could not get the windshield to move up. That generated a follow-up video by a real Guzzi owner, who kind of shamed him for not doing his homework before posting his video.

I am not going to say anything about him messing up gear changes...

This is the initial video shot around Austin Texas. I recognized the "highway" limited at 55 mph.

Below is the counterstrike... a little sarcastic...

• Like 2

On 1/15/2024 at 4:49 PM, p6x said:

I found a Texas based review of the Red V100 Mandello...

Didn't manage to watch much of that, and skipped to the final review.

The bloke strikes me as being an arrogant little wanker, and perhaps not all that bright. :huh2:

• Like 1