Forum V11LeMans sew on Patch - Rate the design - Suggest a change as you see fit -

p6x

V11LeMans sew on Patch - Rate the design - Suggest a change -  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Design

• Acceptable as is
    • Amendment suggested
    • Circular
    • Shield

Request for quotation submitted.

Sewable patch about four inches wide. But I am going to wait until they tell me what size they can do.

• Like 3

I have submitted two additional requests for quotations, as three is the number you ideally want to get for comparison.

Just need to wait for feed-back.

At the moment, I have 25 as the order number. If more of you express an interest, I will modify accordingly.

I have only gotten a reply from one of the supplier so far;

I got a sample, but the colors don't match.

I gave them the RGB code of the colors shown in my drawings. The patch is 4" by 2.5 ".

I am also planning for some Polo shirts with the cylinders and eagle directly embroidered on the upper left-hand side of the shirt. You know, like the very well known Lacoste gear. Even bowling shirts (with short sleeves).

Moto Guzzi -SEW

Lacost Polo shirt

• Like 2

I did not get very far with the first company I made contact with. After sending me the initial sample, they never answered my request for color change.

None of the two other companies I contacted via email answered.

I have sent a RFQ to the first company I used to make the V11 Le Mans motorcycle patch, today.

• Like 1

I finally got a reply and sample;

They have a minimum quantity order of 50, and they suggest that I select the dye sublimated patch rather than the woven one.

I have requested more information on the endurance of the sublimated patch when exposed to the elements, since those would normally be worn on our riding jackets, front. At least, it will be for me.

The dye sublimated patch is more expensive than the woven one, but not enough to make it a dealbreaker.

I do not know how many in the forum have any interest in getting that patch. My last attempt, with the V11 Le Mans patch, the extra nine found takers.

The dye sublimated patch uses a heat transfer process where it takes the exact image and coloring and makes it directly into a patch. Whereas the woven patch is stitched and uses thread colors that may slightly differ from your artwork. The gradient will look flawless on the dye sublimated, but we can use thread blending on the woven style to achieve a similar look. Both style patches will be able to capture the thin white line work as well.

Moto-Guzzi-Patch

• Thanks 2

Thought I was in before, 2 patches, 10 stickers woud be nice. 

Cheers Tom.

15 hours ago, Tomchri said:

Thought I was in before, 2 patches, 10 stickers woud be nice. 

Cheers Tom.

I remember;

I am going to make a sign-up list on Google, accessible from the forum.

• Like 1

The company that I picked to make the woven patches does not make adhesives or T-shirts.

However, they make lapel pins. I remember that in France, there was a time when lapel pins were all the rage, and everybody wore them.

But it died down, and it seems like yesterday's fashion.

Let me know if there is an interest for lapel pins. I will look into adhesives after I get the patches out of the way.

If I order shirts or T-shirts, they will only have the cylinders barred with the eagle directly embroidered on the left hand side. No marking.

Something that you will be able to wear at your next executive meeting without getting a frown.

I am also thinking about having a large "cut" with the logo in the back. Similar to what the Sons of Anarchy have.

I have such a cut-out vest myself, made like that of the Warriors movie, 1979. Unfortunately, I can't wear it openly here in Texas, except for Halloween. Even if obviously not a "motorcycle club" official vest, it can be misinterpreted as one said the police. I don't know if there are any Hells Angels in Texas, but I have come accross Bandidos and Cossacks, and they are not really friendly.

I like sobriety in what I wear, or ride, but I think those two cylinders bared Eagle would look good on a green dyed leather cutout vest.

The-Warriors-Leather-Vest-Maroon

22 hours ago, guzzigary said:

No cuts , rockers or SOA stuff for me thank you .

I figure I’m already a 1%er just choosing to ride a Moto Guzzi.

:grin:

I did not mean SOA, but our own design; such as the top rocker could read V11 Le Mans. The logo would be the two cylinders eagle stamped. No "MC" and no "city" so there could not be anyone mistaking the vest for a motorcycle club's color.

Anyway, we are starting small with 3.50 inches oval patches....:P no need to start printing "Sergeant at Arms" just yet!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

@p6x, thanks for leading this effort.  Short story long, I used to have a nice navy blue Kangol cap until my daughter lost it.  Always liked the Kangol cap since I was a little kid, because my bad-ass "Uncle" Harold wore one.  Being, myself, a cheap-ass, I didn't replace it for a long time.  Eventually, I did replace it when I found a knock-off Kangol cap (speaking of TM laws) at the black market in Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia, for a couple bucks.  My daughter proceeded to lose that one, too.  Some year or three later, I decided to splurge and get myself another Kangol.  Got on Flea-bay and found one for $10 -- only, instead of navy blue, it was emerald green.  Purchase made, I can deal with green.  It shows up some days later and I find that it's been mutilated.  I hadn't noticed the pic of the back of the cap, where the Kangol logo had been covered up with a ~1.5"x3" oval Green Bay Packers embroidered patch.  I don't have any problem with American Football or the Packers, but I don't really care to throw my support behind that enterprise.  It was not easy to get that patch off, as the entire perimeter had been fabric glued to the hat.  Left with a kangaroo in a mess of glue, I decided to put a different embroidered patch on -- one for something a little more meaningful to me.  So, I tried to super glue on a 2"x3.5" oval Moto Guzzi embroidered patch.  Needless to say, that didn't stick and now I have an even bigger mess on the back of the cap.  So unsightly that I won't wear the thing (except on St. Patrick's Day).  Now, that there patch that you're trying to get made up would do just the trick for me.  This time, I'll actually sew it on.  So, count me in for one or a couple of patches.

Incidentally, my aunt has a business that does custom embroidery.  I haven't talked to her for a few years -- no ill will, just not close.  They live in the Midwest and I don't get out that way very often, nor do they get to Pennsylvania ever.  Didn't come to my wedding celebration last summer.  So, I might be able to guilt them into making up an order of patches.  Don't know if it's something their equipment can handle, but I suspect if they can do flamingo and Santa hand towels, they can do patches, shirts, etc.  @p6x, let me know where you are in negotiations and how many takers you've got, so I know whether to make an inquiry.  Incidentally, my aunt and her husband (well, mostly her husband, but she rides pillion) are motorcycle people (I won't mention the brand) and I imagine they do a few warrior vests, too.  Would probably think it was cool to be making up some patches for us.

As to design issues, too many cooks in the kitchen, but I like the green, eagle low, and I would want good ol' embroidery -- not print.  Riding classic (or near classic) Guzzis with modern sublimation-printed patches just doesn't seem right.

Cheers,

Frey

• Like 4