What [music] do you listen to? Share your favs

1 hour ago, docc said:

This is magnificent. So touching and deeply well performed.  I keep listening to it over-and-over . . .

Yup,I almost commented when I first listened to him.

I've never heard of Lukas Nelson,I usually don't like falsetto singers;but he's so real & heartfelt,that really works for me.

As a minimally skilled,finger picker,I spend most of my time in the first chord position on the guitar;

What a talent he's been blessed with,that's not just 10,000 hrs of practice to get that good. :notworthy:

His musical theory,knowledge,touch & skill on the fingerboard,it's in another world. :2c:

:thumbsup: 

• Like 2
19 minutes ago, ScuRoo said:

https://rumble.com/v3wxlr4-in-the-year-2525-zager-and-evans-sanjin.html

Loving the black & whites

That prison performance earlier was powerful

In the year 2525… are we there yet?

The video is from Metropolis .  A very powerful movie itself.  you need to watch. 1984 came by and was never addressed. IDK if 2525 is gonna be much different

That Lukas Nelson fingerboard work reminds of this (IMO:under-rated) guitarist. Grooving to "Bridge of Sighs" on the 8-track in the high school Florida cruise/beach scene was pretty eclectic. We all thought the vocals were Trower, but no. Vocals are the bassman, James Dewar. We had no idea, in the day, what a master guitarist Robin Trower was . . .

Best audio version I could find:

• Like 3

The video Docc posted of the guy,covering the Michael Jackson tune;playing,recording & layering different instruments, reminded me of one of my favorite artists. 

Coco Love Alcorn is extremely under appreciated;she works some serious magic with this Boss Looping pedal.

• Like 4

Test your skills to keep time, for those of us versed into music;

Try to clap your hands on beat 1. It is one of this odd meter: 7/4; typically Music is mostly written in 4/4.

The numerator is the number of beats, the denominator the duration of each beat. In a 4/4, you have four quarter notes per bar. In a 7/4, you have a seven quarter notes duration per bar.

Here's the exercice: it seems easy, but as varies the rhythm and beats duration and arrangement, always respecting the 7/4 meter, clapping on the one beat becomes challenging.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, audiomick said:

That was fun. :)

It got interesting when he started in on the triplets, but having the music underneath helps keep you head straight. B)

Indeed; the public started to mess up at that point, not having the help of reading the music at the same time.

I found that the quarter rest at the end of each bar, before the one, was a big help.

I had no problem if keeping time with my foot. However, if not using anything but my "sense of time", I was rushing with the triplet feels.

• Like 1

I always liked Junior Brown; he get a lot of music out of minimal foot print. Look at the drummer's kit... his wife at the rhythm guitar, upright bass, nothing more required.

Close to be a one man show.

• Like 1