What did you do to your V11 today?

Scud

I rode my V11 Lemans to the monthly Northeast Ohio Guzzi breakfast at Mike's Place in Kent, Ohio this morning.  Earlier this week I pulled the leaking timing sensor out, cleaned off the gasket sealer I had previously used (permatex 300), applied new sealer (permatex motoseal gasket maker) and re-installed.  I have about 350 miles on it now and no leaks or seeps yet. Yeah, new oring seals both times.  Anyway, good food & conversation was enjoyed by all the attendees, I think.large.GuzziBreakfastJune2023.jpg

• Like 7

14 hours ago, gstallons said:

Being nosey , what brand of saw do you use ?

G'day mate

It's a Stihl 16 inch. ( petrol ).

We bought it about 10 years ago when we moved up into the hills ( Yarra ranges )as we were told it be handy to have up there.

Then we bought here in Gippsland and installed a wood heater, never knew the saw would get so much use,It's been brilliant in all that time!

Cheers  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, audiomick said:

:whistle:

Ha ha 

Who knew it was such a party piece.....!

Ps with a new Tungsten Carbide chain it does indeed rip through red gum like a knife through butter!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, guzzler said:

G'day mate

It's a Stihl 16 inch. ( petrol ).

We bought it about 10 years ago when we moved up into the hills ( Yarra ranges )as we were told it be handy to have up there.

Then we bought here in Gippsland and installed a wood heater, never knew the saw would get so much use,It's been brilliant in all that time!

Cheers  

JW , I have four Husqvarna saws

• Like 2

As promised before, here's a (46 minutes) video of my (boring) ride from Medina to Leakey in Texas...

This took place in May 26th, within the Motorcycle Grand Tour of Texas 2023.

The video image quality is poor, unfortunately, due to vibrations. I used a dampener, but it did not really filtrate anything; rather, I think it made the viewing worse. Another issue I experienced is that my DGI Osmo pocket 2, equipped with gimbals, cannot take the wind pressure. The gimbals lock up. Even if located behind the screen, there was enough buffeting to stop the recording each time I would go above 40 mph. I ran some tests before, as my intention was to provide footage of a Moto Guzzi V11 Le Mans. Unfortunately my tests were not ran at normal speed, so I did not discover the gimbals lockup until I was running on the 337.

Editing and publishing the video is another ordeal. Manipulating large files, uploading large files require better computer power than what I currently have.

Anyway, here's the footage.

I suggest you watch it while you have coffee in the morning, before you go to work. Put it on your TV screen, and let it run in the background.... for 46 minutes lol....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"Sold the V11, bought a different bike".

Really? Well sort off...

I have always admired the look of the V11 with the higher mounted Titanium exhausts, and once came very close to buying a pair, however they were damaged and I liked the look of the original carbon-fiber ones on my Mandello Rosso better.

So when a member on here offered a set of carbon high-mount Gianelli's for sale, I went for it. He also threw a Stucchi crossover into the deal (thanks Crazyhorse!).

Mounted them last Tuesday. Oh my, what a sound! Not much louder, but a whole lot deeper.
But, did I imagine it revving much quicker between 3000 and 5000 rpm?

Went for a ride. I'm not sure how much is to contribute to the Gianelli cans or to the Stucchi crossover, but WHAT a difference in mid-range pull! From 3000rpms onwards she just goes and goes. Like I bought a different bike.:wub:

s2lTJkEtV6eyb5DQtKoGZt8BwNfgikJo=&reserv

• Like 13

"Installed" a 2" Formotion analog clock on my '03 Le Mans. It's stuck on with industrial velcro down low out of site from would-be pirates, but still very readable while riding. Clears the steering damper rod by about a 1/4". Quality bit of kit, I must add. Battery is said to last for 3 years, and of course weatherproof. 8442e5d6116a3e236ddee39492e93180.jpg

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

• Like 7

3 hours ago, 4corsa said:

"Installed" a 2" Formotion analog clock on my '03 Le Mans. It's stuck on with industrial velcro down low out of site from would-be pirates, but still very readable while riding. Clears the steering damper rod by about a 1/4". Quality bit of kit, I must add. Battery is said to last for 3 years, and of course weatherproof. 8442e5d6116a3e236ddee39492e93180.jpg

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Purchased both clock and temperature gauges for my Le Mans.

I used the fairing on both sides, left and right, and both screws holding the dial to the bracket sheared.

If you look at the size of the screw that holds the instruments, you will understand why. It is not Guzzi vibration proof.

I purchased some rubber blocks to bolt the bracket on, but if is even worse. the gauge vibrates even more.

Formotion replaced them free of charge, but I now carry them in my tail bag....

Formotion Temp and Clock installation

• Like 1

On 6/15/2023 at 4:11 PM, Tinus89 said:

"Sold the V11, bought a different bike".

Really? Well sort off...

I have always admired the look of the V11 with the higher mounted Titanium exhausts, and once came very close to buying a pair, however they were damaged and I liked the look of the original carbon-fiber ones on my Mandello Rosso better.

So when a member on here offered a set of carbon high-mount Gianelli's for sale, I went for it. He also threw a Stucchi crossover into the deal (thanks Crazyhorse!).

Mounted them last Tuesday. Oh my, what a sound! Not much louder, but a whole lot deeper.
But, did I imagine it revving much quicker between 3000 and 5000 rpm?

Went for a ride. I'm not sure how much is to contribute to the Gianelli cans or to the Stucchi crossover, but WHAT a difference in mid-range pull! From 3000rpms onwards she just goes and goes. Like I bought a different bike.:wub:

s2lTJkEtV6eyb5DQtKoGZt8BwNfgikJo=&reserv

I had the Stucchi X-over on my V11. Made a big difference in the mid-range.

:nl: Trouwens, die RM ziet er prachtig uit! 

• Like 2

The op of my Lemans installed Formotion clock & thermometer.  The clock failed last year, Formotion doesnt repair that particular model so instead of spending $50+ on a new one I opted for a $10 Wally World unit.  I picked out one having a similar black/white color scheme, removed the band, added velcro and stuck it in place, good to go.  If I wasn't so lazy , I woulda Dremeled off the band uprights and touched up with black paint.

• Like 4

From Facebook re: bleeding the clutch

Q: OK folks who has a tip on bleeding the clutch without removing the wheel?  Last time i did it my son learned some new ”expressions”
A: i added a braided extension hose off a Breva that fits so now the bleed nipple is out near where the sidestand foot sits when lifted up/moving/ riding
Cost me $50. Now bleeding the clutch is a breeze
Attaches to the bolt on sump that has the sidestand bash plate on it at the gear lever rear corner of sump I used a small rubber lined P clip to go from bolt around the hose
A: Just ise 2 ring spanners to hold line and other to crack open/close the bleed nipple as needed
A: You can fit a wrench on the bleed nipple and then just open, squeeze the clutch handle, then close and release the clutch handle. Cursing doesn’t make it any faster, just more enjoyable.
A: You are better to not pump it just open the bleeder and let drip out and keep it topped up. Lock the bleeder off and give it a couple of pumps and release. Open bleeder let it drain and repeat till fluid is clean. That’s how I do it.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, worthyperformance said:

...i added a braided extension hose off a Breva that fits...

I've read about that somewhere. Not sure if it was here. If I remember rightly, what I read referred to a part from a Griso.

I reckon it must be part #12 on this drawing:

https://wendelmotorraeder.de/kupplungspumpe-griso-1100-05-08-ex-30_3006_300612_30061210_3006121025.html

The drawing at that shop for the clutch hydraulics for the Breva 1100 looks like exactly the same drawing, and the part number for that part is the same:

whereby the GU number is the Guzzi part number, as far as I know.
  • Like 1