Forum V11LeMans sew on Patch - Rate the design - Suggest a change as you see fit -

p6x

V11LeMans sew on Patch - Rate the design - Suggest a change -  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Design

• Acceptable as is
    • Amendment suggested
    • Circular
    • Shield

Startng here, in February, and taking in so much input from members, this has been a dedicated effort, @p6x !

52707781148_6e276d20d1_z.jpg

What a great progression and a really pleasing outcome! Welldone, sir! :thumbsup:

53433692890_3754b0da64_b.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

A question about the round and shield patches. There is a square with the engine block in a black background. Outside this square the background is respectively dark red and dark grey. Is this intentionally?

I could make a set overhere in the Netherlands, if you like, for distribution in Europe and for sale at the Guzzi Rumble international Rally in June this year (also in the Netherlands).

IMG-20231125-WA0014.jpg

Edit: sorry, i missed the progress in the discussion.

@docc

How many patches do you think we need? you are the best person to answer since you know who maybe interested in such a patch.

From my own experience, I think 50 should most likely cover it all.

that final rendering is good for me. I'm in for one. Once the size is decided, maybe two.

I just noticed the vote/poll and clicked 'acceptable as is' > something like that could maybe be a way to get a count.

Makes me curious of final numbers on items like the selector spring and shift extender.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, p6x said:

@docc

How many patches do you think we need? you are the best person to answer since you know who maybe interested in such a patch.

From my own experience, I think 50 should most likely cover it all.

That is an excellent question! I see @footgoose's reply about using the spring and shift extender numbers as a guide. Those items, like @Pressureangle's Rusty Star Picket Project P.Roper plate (quantity= 50), have been distributed over some period of years.

I like footgoose's suggestion to use the poll as an indicator of initial demand, perhaps with a few additional for members to discover for a period of time.

The very nice LeMans jacket patch @p6x produced measures 4"/100mm across. Seems like a good size. How many of those were produced/distributed, p6x?

[edit: Where is the "vote/poll?"]

I’ll take 2 green ones s’il vous plait…

And if you’re going to make stickers , you can send in your design to Sticker Mule (I have used them many times for stickers for other Guzzi rallies)…you can also make them small or large according to the dimensions you like.

• Like 1

image.jpeg

Best looking one so far!   Nice work @p6x  :thumbsup:

I’d still be interested in seeing it with the eagle in different configurations but I understand it’s not a simple “grab & move” . . . But if you’re up for it...

50 units for a first run sounds like a good number, I’ll definitely support that effort and take a couple.  :bier:

PS: I’d love to have a keyring with that design. . .

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Speedfrog said:

PS: I’d love to have a keyring with that design. . .

My goal is to make a whole line of products; rubber key rings such as the one that came with the V11, Tee-shirts, Polo-shirts, Sweatshirts, Shirts, Ties, jackets, hats...

But I would like to keep it private sponsorship. Just for us here in the forum.

• Like 3

Long time since I woud put a pacth on any gear. But will d order a few, and hopefully some stickers.

Thanks for the effort.     Is it possible to put the whole forum in a box, for safety reasons  :rasta::bier:.

Cheers Tom

• Like 2

On 12/31/2023 at 4:35 AM, p6x said:

We are too small a fish for Piaggio to come after us. I am an individual, and not trying to make a commercial profit out of it.

Don't count on it. B)

Piaggio has apparently engaged a lawyer's practice to hunt the internet for people and organisations using their brand names. The lawyer tried to make the german forum I am involved in transfer domain names etc. to Piaggio. They failed, or rather apparently gave up, after it was pointed out that using "guzzi-forum.de" for non-comercial uses is not against German law. That took a lawyer engaged by the forum, and cost a couple of thousand Euros.

However, as you are not running a web-site, probably that lawyers practice will not notice what you are doing. They are apparently scanning the internet and targetting use of the name(s) on the internet. :huh2:

40 minutes ago, audiomick said:

Don't count on it. B)eleben

Piaggio has apparently engaged a lawyer's practice to hunt the internet for people and organisations using their brand names. The lawyer tried to make the german forum I am involved in transfer domain names etc. to Piaggio. They failed, or rather apparently gave up, after it was pointed out that using "guzzi-forum.de" for non-comercial uses is not against German law. That took a lawyer engaged by the forum, and cost a couple of thousand Euros.

However, as you are not running a web-site, probably that lawyers practice will not notice what you are doing. They are apparently scanning the internet and targetting use of the name(s) on the internet. :huh2:

Precisely why I ride a Momo Gummi Vee'm elebben . :ph34r:

And you thought "Mo to Guz zi" dealers were hard to find?  :rolleyes:

• Haha 2

• 2 months later...

According to those who answered here, the Eagle would look better above the cylinders.

I have moved up the Eagle, but I have not yet fixed the cylinder fins. I can further bring the Eagle up, and lower the cylinders.

The most difficult part is to make the fins continuous again, with the same texture and colors. I am working out of a vectorized drawing, even if what is posted here is a pixel image. There are no cloning tools available, so you need to recreate everything from scratch. For someone that does this all the time, I am sure it is a walk in the park. Tracing the Eagle took me a long time.

I got the Eagle on its own, but if you look closely, you can see some small imperfections.

I am not certain moving the Eagle above the cylinder makes that much of a difference visually. In any case, a sewable patch will not have the same level of details that a photo would.

V11 logo grey oval red border 2 V11 logo LeMans green gurmukhi MN bold no space