V11 for sale online/ Craigslist and all others

chamberlin

good price for a low mileage bike....then go through it, bellhousing brace, seals and general, guzzidiag/power commander.  Tires.  

2k miles over 20+ years..?  sad in so many ways.

1 hour ago, LowRyter said:

good price for a low mileage bike....then go through it, bellhousing brace, seals and general, guzzidiag/power commander.  Tires.  

What's really sad is these bikes always pop up 3000 miles away. ;)

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, LowRyter said:

Hey LR,

I've got an '03 Lemans......what is the "bellhousing brace"?

Thanks,

Art

17 minutes ago, guzziart said:

Hey LR,

I've got an '03 Lemans......what is the "bellhousing brace"?

Thanks,

Art

Not to steal LowRyter's thunder, but adding the frame brace, under the spine, is only applicable to the early RedFrame (short frame), 1999-2001.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, fotoguzzi said:

Also listed in our classifieds by member @cory464:

7 hours ago, NicoNZ said:

Looking at the headers and state of the gearbox, I would say that 2000 miles in incorrect.

Yeah, that gearbox has an odd patina. Tire age would be another good indicator. 2k miles might have originals on, and date stamp could confirm that. 

• Like 1

Good call, @NicoNZ

Furthering that thought: milky looking headlight. Brake discs have seen a good bit of use, the way they look. I can't say for sure, but the tread pattern on the tyres looks to me to be quite a bit more modern than to be expected on a 20 year old bike.

My guess would be that the clock has gone around (at least...) once. :huh2:

• 4 weeks later...

This is the Quota 1100ES that I went to check in Boise Idaho! here's the add on Craigslist!

I would have purchased it, but the HOA denied my request to leave a motorbike outside, while initially they had tentatively said they would give me the authorization.

I also spoke to the previous owner who was a Guzzi fanatic and optimized the fuel mapping.

I vouch for it no problem.

Up for sale is my 2000 Moto Guzzi Quota 1100es. Great looking, great handling, great sounding, reliable, comfortable motorcycle. I finally got my Honda CB500x after a couple year wait so this beauty is now for sale. Always kept in the garage, looks almost brand new despite being 23 years old. 14,048 miles on it as of 9/18/23.

1064cc transverse V-twin, 5-speed transmission and shaft drive is super reliable with minimal maintenance. 70hp, 63 lb-ft torque. It won't rip your arms off but it's plenty to have fun. 5.3 gallon gas tank and I average around 45mpg, comfortably 200 miles on tank if riding gently. Very smooth and stable on the highway, rpm not too high, and decent wind protection. The seat is amazingly comfortable, even for long rides.

21" front wheel, Marzocchi 42mm forks (7.8" travel) and Marzocchi rear mono-shock (7.8" travel), Brembo double discs up front and single disc rear. Capable of exploring off pavement and yet it carves canyons very very well. Good ground clearance and yet only 32.5" seat height. I am 5'6" and I have no problem riding in town and putting feet down at stop lights.

Hepco and Becker engine guards, center stand, upgraded exhaust, custom EFI tune fixes known fueling issues.

This engine was used in many other models during the same time, so there is a lot of OEM support, forum support, and any known factory issues have been ID'd and solved. It has been 100% dead reliable for me, down to the battery. I have a spare set of Shinko 705s to go with it, although the current tires have some life left.

Email me through Craigslist, I'll return contact however you prefer (email, text, call) you can come see it and make me a reasonable offer. I am not desperate to sell, it still has a place in the garage. I don't need help selling and I am not interested in trades.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1